If you have a recipe to add please contact us, and if you have a photo too that would be most welcome too!
Afternoon Tea Fancies
By Emily Jones
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 175 g Fairtrade demerara sugar
- 3 free range eggs
- 75 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp Fairtrade cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 25 g butter
- 125 g Fairtrade dark chocolate
- 5 tbsp icing sugar
- 50 g Fairtrade milk chocolate
- 50 g Fairtrade white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (Fan 140 degrees or Gas Mark 3). In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar with an electric whisk. Gradually add the eggs until the mixture binds.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder and fold in. The mixture should drop easily from a spoon. If it’s too stiff, add a little water.
- Spoon into a 23 cm square cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the tin and leave to cool before cutting into 25 pieces.
- For the icing, melt the butter and dark chocolate with 4 tbsp of water and mix in the icing sugar, Spread over each cake using a small palette knife. Leave to set for a few minutes, and then drizzle the melted milk chocolate using a teaspoon. Repeat with the white chocolate.
Lemon curd and Blueberry Loaf
Baked by Lin Beechey, Recipe Courtesy of BBC Good Food
- 175g butter, softened
- 100g greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp lemon curd, plus extra for serving
- 3 free range eggs, plus extra for serving
- 1 Fairtrade lemon, zest and juice
- 200g self-raising flour
- 175g Fairtrade golden caster sugar
- 200g blueberries
- 140g Fairtrade icing sugar
- Heat the oven to 160 Degrees C (140 Degrees Fan, Gas Mark 3).
- Grease a 2 lb loaf tin and line with baking parchment.
- Put the Greek Yoghurt, Lemon Curd, Butter, Eggs, Lemon Zest, Flour and Caster Sugar into a large mixing bowl. Quickly mix until the batter just comes together.
- Pour half the batter into the tin. Sprinkle 40 g Blueberries into the tin and pour the rest of the batter over the top. Scatter 40 g Blueberries on top.
- Bake for approx. 1 h and 10 min until golden.
- Cool in the tin.
- Once cool, lift onto a serving plate to ice. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in just enough lemon juice to make a thick, smooth icing. Spread over the top of the cake.
- Serve in slices with extra Lemon Curd, Greek Yoghurt and Blueberries as you like.